Candy Corn Cheesecake Mousse

I’m not sure if there is any candy more closely related to fall and Halloween than candy corn!  The distinct shape, instantly recognizable color pattern and pure sugary goodness make these little sweets a Halloween staple.  Inspired by these traditional candies, I created this Candy Corn Cheesecake Mousse, perfect for a special dessert or Halloween party.

Candy Corn Cheesecake Mousse

This recipe yields a sweet and fluffy, light cream cheese flavored dessert.

1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1/4 cup milk or cream

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 small container (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed

orange and yellow food color

candy corn (for garnish)

Directions ~

Beat cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer until fully smooth.  Slowly add powdered sugar, then milk (or cream).  Add vanilla.  Continue mixing.  Beat about 1 minute on medium to medium-high speed.  Fold cool whip into cream cheese mixture, and stir until fully combined.

Scoop about 1/3 of the Cheesecake Mousse into a bowl, and color orange.  Color another third of the mixture yellow.  Leave the remaining third white.  One color at a time (starting with yellow), scoop mixture into a piping bag or large ziplock bag, and squeeze a layer of the Cheesecake Mousse into small dessert dishes of your choice.  Repeat with orange and then white Mousse.

Refrigerate 30 minutes (or up to 1 day) before serving.  Garnish with candy corn if desired.

Recipe yields 4 moderate servings or 6-8 mini servings.

Recipe Source:  Glorious Treats

Sugar Free Option:  In the past, I have adjusted this recipe to be sugar free, with good results.  Simply substitute 1/3 cup Splenda for the powdered sugar, and replace regular cool whip with sugar free cool whip.  Omit candy corn garnish.

Recipe options:  This general concept could be created using vanilla pudding or white chocolate mousse (from a mix or from scratch).

{Small wooden spoons from Garnish}

A few friends and I went a little candy corn crazy, check out these other fun candy corn treats…

Candy Corn Merigues from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen

Candy Corn Bugle Snack Mix from Cookies and Cups

Slice and Bake Candy Corn Cookies from Sweet Sugar Belle

131 Responses to “Candy Corn Cheesecake Mousse”

once in a blue moon — September 18, 2011 at 6:49 pm

this is so adorable~

Cookbook Queen — September 18, 2011 at 6:54 pm

These look AND sound FABULOUS!! And such pretty colors. Perfect :)

Emily — September 18, 2011 at 7:09 pm

These would be perfect for an adult fall/Halloween party!

cookies and cups — September 18, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Glory these are so pretty!
    Love that they're cheesecake mousse..YUM!

Bubbies' Mom — September 18, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Where do you purchase cups like that?

Glory/ Glorious Treats — September 18, 2011 at 8:09 pm

@Bubbie's Mom- The glases I used are small (5 oz) juice glasses I found at my local grocery store. I've seen mini dessert glasses similar at Pier 1 and World Market.

Motoko — September 18, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Love these is such a great idea!

JulieD — September 18, 2011 at 9:28 pm

It's so beautiful and delicate…makes me think I wouldn't feel one bit of guilt eating them. :)

Freya — September 18, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Stupid question, but what is Candy Corn?! (I live in London).

Meg@MegaCrafty — September 19, 2011 at 4:50 am

Yum these look fantastic!

Karen - Trilogy Edibles — September 19, 2011 at 5:58 am

Wow these look great! My kids would love them :)

megan @ whatmegansmaking — September 19, 2011 at 6:07 am

This is such a fun idea! They're so cute :)

the decorated cookie — September 19, 2011 at 7:17 am

And wrapping up my candy corn postings over at Edible Crafts is this yumminess. :)

SweetSugarBelle — September 19, 2011 at 8:02 am

This is GORGEOUS Glory-bee! PS…I always get the best captshas here. beryperm. I LOLED!

Laura E — September 19, 2011 at 8:43 am

Could you do this with Whipped cream instead of Cool Whip? I try to stay away from Cool Whip.

Glory/ Glorious Treats — September 19, 2011 at 9:37 am

@Laura E.- Yes, I bet you could do it with whipped cream. To be fair I'm not a bit fan of cool whip either, but it is nice and staple and holds up for several hours (longer than real whippped cream). You may need to add a bit more sugar, since the cool whip has lots.

naomi — September 19, 2011 at 9:50 am

So so so adorable!! The photographs are beautiful as well

ShellyRaeWood — September 19, 2011 at 10:01 am

Oh now that is seriously cute and soooo creative! :) Sharing it on Facebook! LOVE it!

With Style and Grace — September 19, 2011 at 11:16 am

Anything that resembles candy corn, I'm all in! Looks delicious.

Cupcake Mama — September 19, 2011 at 11:40 am

they look glorious indeed! Shared your recipe!

Larissa — September 19, 2011 at 11:53 am

So cute and looks totally yummy!

Mary — September 19, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Once again … way too cute. Right down to the orange polka-dot ribbon.

Mary

Cecilia — September 19, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Super cute! I love these, I just wish I like cheesecake! Thanks for the links! I think I may make some of Sugarbelle's candy corn cookies. YUM! Love you!

Miss Cupcake — September 19, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Precioso!!!
    además de vistoso y alegre.

Infarrantly Creative — September 19, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Oh my gosh I totally love this. I have an obsession with candy corn. I stumbled it too!

sfranchu — September 19, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Super! Where did you find the cute little spoons?

Trish - Sweetology101 — September 19, 2011 at 8:05 pm

oooh this is the bestest!!

Anonymous — September 19, 2011 at 8:25 pm

So cute! Where did you get those clever little spoons?

Kewl Granny of Six — September 20, 2011 at 7:46 am

Awesome……I have a few grandchildren who are going to love these.

Vanessa — September 20, 2011 at 9:26 am

Have to ry it-Love it!

Tracy — September 20, 2011 at 12:38 pm

I just wanted to say thanks for dropping my blog and leaving me a comment – now I have a new favorite blog to read! So nice to "meet" you, haha…and what a fabulous fall treat!

Jany — September 20, 2011 at 5:21 pm

What a wonderful idea for a Halloween party!

lisa — September 20, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Just darling – who wouldn't love this?
    Lisa

Ashley — September 20, 2011 at 11:40 pm

this is cso cute!!!

i think ima have 2 hit the dollar tree 2 buy some of there glasses this would be perfect 4 my 3yos class.

thanks!!

Audrina — September 21, 2011 at 8:16 am

Oh my! I was looking for something delicious to make, but this is oer the top!

Bizzy B. Bakes — September 21, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Beautiful. I want that mousse badly.

Sue — September 22, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I HAVE to make these(YUM!) and present them just the way you have~darling!

HI THERE! — September 23, 2011 at 12:34 am

Yummy and super adorable! Pinned it!
    Jenn :)

Holiday Snob — September 23, 2011 at 9:51 am

yum! Thanks for sharing! Just pinned it, it looks so fab!

Jennifer — September 23, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I came across your blog on Tidy Mom and I love your post! So cute and perfect for fall! I just pinned this!

I would love it if you would drop by Jane Deere and link up to Fusion Fridays with your favorite or most recent recipes, handmade crafts, diy
    projects, tips & tricks, and how to's! { open through Wednesday! }

Erin — September 23, 2011 at 1:24 pm

I absolutely love this! Pinned it for later! Thanks.

shanw7 — September 23, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I'm a candy corn nut so I must make this!!

Ani — September 24, 2011 at 8:20 pm

I'm planning a Candy Corn Post for October, would you mind if I used one picture and linked back to your page? I would love to include this great idea. Thanks!

anisfavoritethings at gmail dot com

TidyMom — September 25, 2011 at 7:24 am

Love these Glory!!

Thanks for linking up! I featured them in my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2011/fun-fall-food/

KC — September 25, 2011 at 3:50 pm

My daughter just sent me your site. I collect "old" holiday items and love to entertain. These are fabulous! You have a fan for life!

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper — September 25, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Love! I'd love for you to link up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Link Party!

Karina — September 27, 2011 at 8:20 am

adorable. I'm going to make the sugar free recipe.

Anonymous — September 27, 2011 at 5:28 pm

This is a winner recipe for me on so many levels! We're only 2 at home now, so it isn't a huge dessert. It can be made sugar-free for my diabetic Hubs, and it lets us celebrate Halloween in a fun and colorful way. Since we live in a retirement community, there are no children to trick or treat, so we miss it completely. Thank you for bringing a little fun to an elderly couple. Hugs!
    (And Happy Halloween!)

Janet — September 27, 2011 at 7:31 pm

These Look Amazing!!=}

Independent Chocolatier Sharon — September 28, 2011 at 7:13 am

Thank you for sharing that,It looks so pretty and so easy to make..

Teri — September 28, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Love this — and I would imagine they taste as good as they look!

Ashley — September 29, 2011 at 8:32 am

I am definitely making these soon (like tomorrow) these are so cute! Xoxoxo 1942charm.blogspot.com

Amy Carter — September 29, 2011 at 10:22 pm

I tried this recipe and it was fabulous!! I posted a photo of the finished product. It looked so yummy I didn't want to eat it. Oh, but we sure did anyway!! :) http://amiablehooligans.blogspot.com/

Ani — October 5, 2011 at 5:02 am

Featuring your awesome idea on my blog today! Feel free to check it out!

Thanks for such a great idea!

Lady Behind The Curtain — October 7, 2011 at 6:03 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your recipe has been featured on "Feature Friday" at LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN! Please go and grab your Feature Friday Button! —Sheryl—

Anonymous — October 10, 2011 at 11:17 am

Thank you for the recipe ! made these for our thankgiving dinner last night & they were DELICIOUS !

Valerie @ My-2-cents — October 10, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I am a new GFC fan and LOVING what you are cooking up. This looks delicious and I am going to share this with my readers. Sooo yummy! My 2 Cents

Cynthia's Blog — October 11, 2011 at 6:39 pm

I found this while browsing. What a darling idea! I am going to use this.

Anonymous — October 12, 2011 at 11:33 am

I am going to use this and make it with my grandkids!!! How cute and festive!! Thanks

Emily — October 24, 2011 at 9:18 pm

So fun and festive! Plus, you can never go wrong with cheesecake. :)

Polly — October 24, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Would it be possible to use real whipped cream, instead of cool whip? Never used Cool whip before…so not sure if a straight substitution is possible.

Sarah @ Just The Bee's Knees — October 25, 2011 at 9:27 am

These look soooo yummy! The perfect Halloween Treat! Just thought I would let you know I featured them on my blog today:)

Doodle — October 29, 2011 at 10:28 am

I just Liked your recipe on Yummly – good luck

Sommer — October 30, 2011 at 10:15 am

Wow! Those are INCREDIBLE! I cannot wait to make some tomorrow. We have company coming over for dinner and TOT. These will be a hit! Thank you so much for sharing your talents! I would be delighted to have you stop by and link this up to my VIP party this weekend! http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/10/vip-party-34.html Have a safe and happy halloween!

nailqueen — October 31, 2011 at 7:22 pm

I made these for my in-laws and they were beyond impressed with not only the presentation, but also the yummy delishness. Thank you.

Vicky — November 1, 2011 at 10:50 am

this recipe should have been FIRST place, not second. They look great! thanks for sharing

iserve pharmacy — December 9, 2011 at 5:03 am

ummmm so delicious drink I want to test some of this drinks just with see it I want to enjoy it

Tammy — March 25, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Thank you! I just taste tested this tonight to use for my son's Easter party. I went with blue, pink, and white with pearlescent sugar sprinkle thingies on top in a 5oz tasting cup and have little colored spoons too (party city for both). I filled it just over half way and it is just right for that age. FYI…I found this via pinterest.

Heather Rauner — August 26, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Have you thought of maybe flavoring these with butterscotch or something like that? Could be YUMMY!

• Glory replied: — August 26th, 2012 @ 11:40 pm

I think this would work well with most any flavoring! You could use some extract… coconut, orange, lemon, or add some fruit preserves. Or for butterscotch, I might melt some butterscotch chips and blend that in. Feel free to experiment!

Julia — September 6, 2012 at 10:19 pm

I love these little treats! They are so cute. I can’t wait to try them this fall! I put them as part of a fall roundup on my blog. Thanks for sharing these cute little treats.
    Julia

Carol — September 21, 2012 at 7:15 pm

So cute! Where did you find the small glasses?

• Glory replied: — September 28th, 2012 @ 7:41 pm

Carol, The glasses are 5oz juice glasses I bought from my local grocery store. I might suggest Pier1 or Bed Bath and Beyond for similra options.

Simplee Sue — October 5, 2012 at 4:38 am

I just wanted you to know that I featured this post Nov. 2.
    @ http://www.simpleesue.com/frivolous-friday-pumpkin-patch-pics

~we may have met by chance…but we become friends by choice.

Candace — October 12, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Look amazing- bet they taste like that!!!!

natalie — October 19, 2012 at 7:47 pm

they are really good

Jessie — September 23, 2013 at 9:08 pm

These look great! Do you know how much this recipe will yield?

• Glory replied: — September 23rd, 2013 @ 9:10 pm

Hi Jessie, Yes, as mentioned in the post, the recipe yields 4 moderate servings or 6-8 mini servings.

Nancy — September 23, 2013 at 10:29 pm

I made these for my candy corn themed luncheon/ table, and they are easy, adorable, and delicious! Three wins! Thank you!

Amanda — September 27, 2013 at 9:47 pm

These look so amazing if I could I would reach through the screen and take one! I shared these on my FB page ;) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151837663848070&set=a.174654903069.124188.163690253069&type=1

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate — October 30, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Good morning, Glory! I’m stopping by to let you know that I featured your fabulous dessert on my blog today in celebration of National Candy Corn Day! http://www.chattingoverchocolate.com/2013/10/a-dozen-ways-to-celebrate-national.html … Thanks for sharing this sweet recipe! Have a terrific day!!

Alyssa — September 12, 2014 at 11:56 pm

I just made this and it’s AMAZING! My boyfriend doesn’t like Cool Whip, at all, he hates the stuff; he tried it and couldn’t put it down. He kept telling me how good it was! When my daughter wakes up in the morning, she can give it a try, too. Thanks for showing me how to make a gourmet-looking treat without much hassle :p

Haley — October 9, 2014 at 12:59 pm

I have all the ingredients except Cool Whip/ Whipped cream. Is it possible to make this without that, or is there another substitute I could use?

Lewis — November 12, 2014 at 1:42 am

We don’t eat Candy Corn in here in NZ, but I’m looking forward to trying it. Is it very decedent?

1. Pingback: 40 Easy Halloween Recipes - The Miracle Momma

2. Pingback: 15 Fall Recipes « A Cedar Spoon.

3. Pingback: Pinspiration: Fall & Halloween 2012 | CouponWallet Blog

4. Pingback: Glorious Treats » Candy Corn Krispie Treats

5. Pingback: Candy Corn Fun! | Real Housemoms

6. Pingback: Black and Orange Halloween Snack Ideas for Kids: Top 11 Recipes | Food For Thought

7. Pingback: FUN FRIDAY: Fun, Family Recipes 10/12 | Xtreme Couponing With Dee Dee

8. Pingback: Glorious Treats » Candy Corn Cheesecake Mousse

9. Pingback: 15 Fall Recipes | A Cedar Spoon

10. Pingback: 10 Halloween Party + Craft Ideas | evolution you

11. Pingback: Inspiración #047 | Ceja Güera…

12. Pingback: Happy Halloween Eve! | Head Held High

13. Pingback: SHEILA LUKINS’ “CANDY CORN” | Tag Sale Tastes

14. Pingback: simpleesue.comFrivolous Friday-Pumpkin Patch Pics - simpleesue.com

15. Pingback: Valentine’s Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse

16. Pingback: Desserts pour Halloween

17. Pingback: Valentine's Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse - The Cards We Drew

18. Pingback: Candy Corn Cheesecake MousseCouponing as a lifestyle

19. Pingback: 24 Cute and Yummy Halloween Treats | Not So Idle Hands

20. Pingback: 15 Candy Corn Inspired Recipes - Eclectic Momsense

21. Pingback: 30 amazing candy corn recipes | Chickabug

22. Pingback: Candy Corn Cheesecake Mousse! | TeresaTurner.net

23. Pingback: This Year’s Best Candy Corn Treats, Cakes & Desserts | Love The Day

24. Pingback: Frightening Foods (and Drinks) for Your Halloween Bash | Dilettante Deconstructed

25. Pingback: 25 Candy Corn Treats - A Night Owl Blog

26. Pingback: Tip or Treat: Candy Corn Inspired Mini Mousse | Small Talk Mama

27. Pingback: Inspirations sucrées pour l'Halloween

28. Pingback: SPOOKY TREATS WISHLIST

29. Pingback: 13 Ghoulishly Gourmet Recipes for Halloween - trueflavors.com

30. Pingback: Halloween Treats Round-Up | Inspiration Affirmation

31. Pingback: Candy Corn Day- Recipes and Halloween Party Ideas! | Daily Holiday Blog

32. Pingback: Halloween Treats With No Tricks - Just Between Friends Sale Blog

33. Pingback: Here are the 40 Easy Halloween Recipes List | Denver Nuggets Country Blog

34. Pingback: Halloween Monster Mash! Mwa…Ha…Ha! | Menalove/Blog

35. Pingback: 10 Halloween Party + Craft Ideas | Live, Love, Simple

36. Pingback: A little more about A Christmas Tail co-author, Donna Smith | spiderinkpress

37. Pingback: 13 Candy Corn Treats

38. Pingback: 7 Candy Corn Themed Snack Ideas | RoomMomSpot

39. Pingback: Things I’m Loving This Week | the little mount yarn co.

40. Pingback: Pleins d'idées pour faire un party d'Halloween de grown-ups | Bulles + Bottillons

41. Pingback: 25+ Candy Corn Recipes! - Julie's Eats & Treats