Polka-Dot Easter Egg Cookies

Looking for a simple Easter cookie project?  This is it!  With just a few colors of icing and a simple design that requires no waiting between steps, you can make beautiful Easter cookies to share with family and friends.
I love polka-dots on most anything… clothes, ribbon, party decor and cookies!
The only “secret” to this technique is that the icing you flood the cookie with and the icing you use to make the dots should be the same thickness (thinned to about the consistency of corn syrup, or shampoo).
Getting Started…
My sugar cookie recipe is posted HERE
My royal icing recipe and lots of decorating tips are posted HERE.
~ Easy Polka-Dot Eggs ~
1.  Outline cookie with a medium/thick royal icing (using a #2 tip).  If you plan to fill the cookie with the same color as the outline, fill immediately.  If you are using a contrasting color on outline (like above), wait just a few minutes before filling.
2.  Fill in (flood) the cookie with desired color (using a #2 or #3 tip).
3.  As soon as the cookie is flooded (and the icing has settled nice and flat), drop a contrasting color of icing in little drops (using a #2 tip) to create the polka-dots.
Allow cookies to dry (8-12 hours), and package as desired.  I found some cute polka-dot take-out style boxes at Party City (shown below).  And sweet mini baskets at Michael’s.  Decorating directions for the chick and sheep cookies (as shown below) HERE.

19 Responses to “Polka-Dot Easter Egg Cookies”

Bea @ CancunCookies — April 15, 2011 at 4:36 pm

So cute, Glory! And they're even cuter on those packages…

Sue — April 15, 2011 at 5:02 pm

I've been thinking about polka dot eggs too. Yours are perfectly beautiful! Love how you packaged them.

Haniela — April 15, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I have the same basket…
    lovely!

Joy Adams — April 15, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Very cute. I love polka-dots too. There is just something very sweet about polka-dots.

Sandra — April 16, 2011 at 7:36 am

Oh! It's adorable!!!

Kenni — April 16, 2011 at 9:17 am

I've been meaning to practice the wet-on-wet technique for a while now. These cookies would be perfect to try!

Farrah — April 16, 2011 at 11:33 am

I've been thinking about polka dot eggs too, I've done the sugar topped ones! You did a wonderful job, I especially liked that piped out the color of the polka dots.

SweetSugarBelle — April 16, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Perfection :-)

Les rêves d'une boulangère (Brittany) — April 16, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Gorgeous! I love the colours too…pastels are just perfect for Easter

paddle attachment — April 17, 2011 at 12:14 am

So sweet! I love the packaging!

lizy b — April 17, 2011 at 8:41 am

Love these! Polka dot Easter eggs are my favorite too!

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING — April 18, 2011 at 2:09 pm

LOVE your cookies (your bunnies and rice krispies too)! They are just perfect for Easter!

Myself and 2 other great bloggers are hosting THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS and the theme this week is "EASTER COOKIES & TREATS" and I think this is a great recipe for that! We would love for you to stop on by and link up your recipe if you wish! Hope to see you there!!! :-)

btanders — April 19, 2011 at 11:26 am

Thanks for the awesome idea! I think I'm going to try to make these with my kids in the next few days.

Possible Baker — April 21, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Thank you so much for the tutorial! I love these cookies! So pretty for Easter. I am so wishing I had time to make them before Sunday comes!

1. Pingback: 101 Essential Cookie Decorating Resources

2. Pingback: Easter Baking Projects « Joli Cake Blog

3. Pingback: 101 Easter and Spring Crafts and DIY Ideas - Susan Tuttle Photography

4. Pingback: Påsktårta, Macarons & Kakor | Sockerrus - The Sweet Blog