{Parties from Friends} Mia’s Luau Birthday

A couple months ago I was contacted by a sweet lady (named Sierra) who was planning a luau themed first birthday party for her daughter, Mia.  Originally, Sierra had wanted me to make cupcakes and cookies for the celebration, but as I checked the date, I realized I already had other obligations that week, and there was just no way I’d be able to make treats for her.  I was however, able to make a few things for the party in advance.  I made a custom banner (similar to the one I made for my daughter’s candy party) that read “Mia’s Luau Birthday”, and I also made custom tags to be attached to cookies she would be able to purchase from a local bakery.  I was also able to consult with Sierra a bit regarding desserts and flowers for the party.  Sierra recently sent me photos from the party, and what a celebration it must have been!  Sierra did such a beautiful job!
All the details-
Banner and cookie tags- made by me (Glory)
Table cloths- Anthropologie
Flowers- Hydrangeas and peonys arranged by the hostess (Sierra)
Cake- Made by Butterfly Cakes (Burlingame, California)
Cupcakes- Sibby’s Cupcakery (San Mateo, California)
Cookies- Sugar, Butter, Flower (Bay Area, California)
#1 shirt- Isabellaboo
Tutu- Posh Little Tutu

Thanks so much Sierra for allowing me to share your beautiful party!

P.S.-  As a general rule I only post my own work on this blog.  I’m only sharing this pretty party because I had a part in it.  Please do not send me links to parties you would like me to share on the blog.  There are many other fabulous blogs that do a great job showcasing parties submitted by their readers.
If I have directly inspired you in some way I would love to see your work, and I may occasionally share those photos.  Feel free to upload photos of work that was inspired by something you saw on Glorious Treats on the facebook page HERE.

8 Responses to “{Parties from Friends} Mia’s Luau Birthday”

alicia — July 18, 2010 at 9:20 pm

OH my! That is quite the bash. What a sweetie pie ya have there. She's probably worth every penny.

Digella — July 18, 2010 at 11:30 pm

I LOVE those table cloths… I am going in search of for sure.

colleen banman — July 18, 2010 at 11:46 pm

ya those table cloths are to die for! gorgeous florals too. fun party!!

Kim @ Frost Me! — July 19, 2010 at 5:14 am

so sweet! I love the bold colors and that cake is perfect!

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

Joy Adams — July 19, 2010 at 7:36 am

Looks like the B-Day party was quite the bash. Even though you could not help in any of the baking, I am sure that Mia's mom was greatful for the help and expert advice you were able to offer.

Elle Belles Bows — July 19, 2010 at 10:36 am

Wow! What a great party. Love the use of the colors and flowers! Pretty little girl too!!

AZPartyMamma — July 20, 2010 at 8:37 pm

fabulous party, it looks like it was very well put together.

Jill — February 11, 2015 at 1:47 am

I LOVE those tablecloths but can’t find them on the anthropologie site. Is there any way Sierra would be willing to sell or rent out the blue and pink flower round tablecloths? These would be prefect for my daughters summer birthday and I only need three depending how big they are. I live in the East Bay, though, if that makes a difference. IF NOT, I will just take it as my inspiration from her fantastic looking party!