Delicious Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Perfect chicken salad sandwiches for a tea party!
- 1 pound chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs your choice (I usually use italian parsley, rosemary, and tarragon)
- 1 onion yellow or red, thickly sliced
- juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 small shallot finely chopped
- 3/4 cup cranberries dried, sweetened
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon tarragon leaves finely chopped fresh
- 1/2 cup sour cream regular or low-fat
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Bread- Light Sourdough Shepard’s Bread, or similar.
Roasting the chicken
Spray a shallow roasting dish with cooking spray.
Layer the bottom of the dish with thickly sliced onions and 1/2 cup fresh herbs.
Lay the chicken breast on top of the onions and herbs and squeeze the juice of one lemon over chicken.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Roast, uncovered for 35 minutes at 375*F.
Cool and chop chicken for salad (discard herbs and onions).
Making the chicken salad
Combine chicken with remaining ingredients. Taste for salt and pepper, and chill several hours or overnight to let the flavors blend. Taste again for salt and pepper before serving.
Cut bread into small finger sandwich size. Spread a small about of mayonnaise on bread (if desired) and place a tablespoon of chicken salad on each. Serve immediately, or cover well with plastic wrap or a very slightly moist dish towel and refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 242mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 331IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg