No Bake Chocolate Mint Dessert
These easy No Bake Chocolate Mint Dessert Cups feature luscious layers of chocolate pudding, mint whipped cream and mini chocolate chips. An easy, make ahead dessert that is sure to be a hit with friends and family!
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3.9 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy cream very cold
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- 10 ounces mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- green food coloring use gel for best results
- Green sprinkles optional
In a large mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on medium high speed for about 2 minutes, until nicely thickened. Set aside.
Combine heavy cream, powdered sugar and mint extract in a large bowl. Beat on medium speed for about 1 minute or until thickened.
Transfer one cup of the heavy cream mixture into the chocolate pudding mixture and and beat on medium/high for another minute.
Add green food coloring to the heavy cream mixture and beat on medium high speed for another minute or two until stiff peaks form.
Refrigerate pudding and whipped cream for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
Assemble the dessert cups by layering ingredients as follows: pudding, chocolate chips, whipped cream, chocolate chips, pudding, whipped cream. Use a pastry bag with a piping tip to achieve a similar look to these dessert cups. Top with sprinkles if desired.
- The specific amount of each ingredient you use will be determined on the size of the glasses or small trifle bowls you use and the amount of each ingredient you put in each layer. Feel free to play around with this – there is no wrong way to layer these dessert cups!
- You can easily adjust the strength of the mint flavor by adding half of the mint extract first, tasting, and adding more to suit your tastes.
- To make it assembly easier, transfer the pudding and whipped cream into pastry bags or ziploc bags and pipe into the cups instead of spooning the mixture in.
Calories: 547kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 250mg | Potassium: 360mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 991IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 2mg