A classic cobbler recipe that will please everyone!
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk any fat content
- 1 cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons later
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds 1/4 cup in batter, 1/4 cup on top optional, but delicious!
Preheat oven to 350*F
Grease a baking dish (I used a deep dish pie pan, but you could also use a 9″ x 13″ baking dish)
Melt butter in a large bowl. Add the flour, milk, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, vanilla, salt and 1/4 cup almonds. Stir well. Pour into prepared baking dish.
Arrange fruit on top of batter. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup sliced almonds and 2 Tablespoons of sugar on top.
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 139mg | Potassium: 160mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 101IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 1mg