* Beat eggs with an electric mixer on high about 3 minutes. Gradually beat in sugar.
* Heat 1 cup whipping cream in a saucepan, over medium heat, just until hot.
* Gradually stir about half of the hot cream into the egg mixture. Then add egg/cream mixture to the saucepan. Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens (do not boil).
* Remove from heat and add chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
* When chocolate mixture has chilled, beat 1 1/2 cups whipping cream in a chilled bowl with an electric mixer. Beat on high until stiff. Fold chocolate mixture into whipping cream. Pipe or spoon mixture into cups.
* Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with crushed chocolate cookie crumbs, if desired.
Recipe source: Betty Crocker's New Cookbook (1996).