Homemade Buttercream Frosting
This delicious frosting can be used to dress up brownie bites, and is equally delicious on cupcakes and cakes.
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter 1 1/2 sticks, room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese 1/2 package, cold
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream or 1 Tablespoon milk
- fondant flowers and/or sprinkles garnish
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder dissolved into 2 tablespoons of hot water
- garnish chocolate covered coffee beans garnish
- 3-4 Tablespoons raspberry jam preferably 100% fruit spread
- fresh raspberries garnish
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or 1 tablespoon milk
- green food coloring
- chopped chocolate mint candies garnish - such as Andes mints
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth.
Add the cream cheese and beat until fully incorporated and smooth.
While slowly blending, add 1-2 cups powdered sugar.
Add liquid and flavoring ingredients based on your flavor choices below, and blend.
Add remaining powdered sugar, and beat until all ingredients are well incorporated, and frosting is fluffy (20-30 seconds).
Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 8mg | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 257IU | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg