I love pretty packaging. A bit of extra care in packaging can turn even simple treats into a special gift. I packaged up a few of the Halloween cookies I made last weekend, as special treats for my nieces. These little bags would be super special treats for lunches, adorable favors for a Halloween party, or sweet little gifts for friends.
~ Supplies and Directions ~
1. Cut a piece of patterned paper (I used some of my scrapbooking paper) the width of the cellophane bag you’re using and about 3 inches tall (my bags are 4″ wide, so the paper is 4″ x 3″).
Fold the paper in half lengthwise.
2. I printed out some party circles from The Tomkat Studio’s Halloween collection. Cut using a 2″ circle punch. You could also use a sticker or other embellishment.
3. Fill your cellophane bag with treats, and seal bag (the bags I used have a self-stick seal, but if you’re using bags with no seal you could use a sticker or staple the bag closed).
4. Use double sided tape to attach the prepared paper to the top of the treat bag. Add party circle, or other sticker or embellishment.
Share some treats with the sweet people in your life!
Last weekend I got a kid-free day to spend as I chose…
It didn’t take me long to decide that the day could be best spent decorating cookies! It was great to have a day to just play, with no real expectations or requirements. And no pressure… if they didn’t turn out, I can always just send them to work with hubby. My husband’s co-workers are always glad to take cookies off our hands (or in my case… hips).
The photo above is a set of Halloween cookies I made last year. But I liked them so much, I stuck with some of the same designs this year. Cute, fun and not too spooky.
No tricks, just treats =)
Want to make some fun Halloween cookies of your own?
My sugar cookie recipe is HERE.
I have a simple decorating tutorial to get you started is HERE.
And I have a cute packaging post for these cookies HERE.
A winner was chosen using random.org, congratulations to the author of comment #24- The Hrudowsky Family! Please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
so I can give you the information you need to receive your prize.
I can’t wait to see how you use your beautiful bunting!
One of my blogging friends, Tracey Lau
, recently tagged me in a little game called “7 Random Things”. I don’t normally post “random” things on this blog, but I thought I could make an exception just this once. I mean, how can I say no to a person who is so incredibly talented that she can…
take photos like this…
make desserts like these…
and set up a dessert table like this…
So here are 7 random things about me…
1. I married my high school sweetheart, and 13 years later am still very glad I did!
2. I’m 5’11″ tall, and have been since I was 13… yes, the phrase “jolly green giant” was tossed my way a time or two.
3. I was homeschooled until 8th grade… and I think I turned out pretty o.k. =)
4. I am currently training for a marathon (my first, and most likely only!). Last week I ran 10 miles (at once!) for the first time. When I started training in January, I couldn’t run 1/2 mile. I don’t look like a “runner”, but that may have something to do with my other hobby… baking cupcakes!
5. I made my own wedding dress… hey, these are supposed to be “random” so that’s what I’m doing!
6. My favorite indulgences (to buy)… Starbucks, ribbon, cake stands, glassybaby
7. I won first place (and $50.00!) at the county fair when I was 12 for a homemade Lemon Meringue Pie. And again the next year for a Chocolate cake.
That’s it! Seven random things. If you enjoyed them, you can thank Tracey
. If not, well I promise I’ll get back to sweets, crafts, recipes and parties next week.
Either way, do yourself a favor and head over to Tracey’s blog, Tracey Lau- Art & Soul
, it’s full of all things sweet and beautiful.
Have a great weekend!
* All photos in this post by Tracey Lau
, and are being used with permission *
Earlier this week
I showed off a variety of beautiful ways to use buntings, both large and small, to dress up your next party. Today, I have a fun giveaway from Blue Moon Studios
for a gorgeous fabric bunting. One (or more!) of these buntings would be a gorgeous backdrop for a dessert table, a perfect decoration for an outdoor party, and an adorable banner to hang in your child’s bedroom or playroom.
Here are just a few of the beautiful fabric buntings handmade by Blue Moon Studios
The bunting above would be so versatile for a variety of children’s parties, or would be amazing in a playroom!
I love this red, white and black one! It would be so cute for a ladybug theme or pirate party.
And for goodness sake.. this one has polka-dots (which I love on anything!!) and CUPCAKES!
These buntings are made of quality fabrics, and are double sided, so they look great from every angle!
Ready to win one?
The winner will get to pick a bunting of their choice from Blue Moon Studios
Etsy store (up to $25.00 value)
~ How to enter ~
For one entry- Head on over to Blue Moon Studios and have a look at their gorgeous selection of buntings. Come back here and leave a comment telling me your favorite (if you win, you don’t have to stick with your choice).
For a second entry- Sign up as a follower of Glorious Treats, or “like” Glorious Treats on Facebook (then leave a comment telling me you are a follower and/or fan).
For a third entry- Pick any of these…
Add Glorious Treats to the blog links on your blog, add the Glorious Treats button to your blog, blog about this fun giveaway, or post on Facebook about the giveaway. (Include the link to your blog or Facebook page in your comment)
Leave a separate comment for each entry.
A maximum of three entries total per person.
Please make sure to include your e-mail address, so I can contact the winner.
This giveaway ends Saturday, Sept. 25th, 7:00 pm Pacific.
Winner will be chosen using Random.org and will be announced by Monday, Sept. 27th.