Show and Tell – June 2014
Happy June! I’m trying something new today, so read along and then share your thoughts in the comment section!
I love sharing recipes, cookie tutorials, and all of the other sweet things I share here on Glorious Treats, but sometimes there are a few more things I’d love to share!
Sometimes I come across a cute craft idea somewhere else on the web, discover a great new product, or want to share a little “behind the scenes” peek of what I’m making in the kitchen.
I’m going to experiment with a once a month “Show and Tell” post that will share little tidbits of my life and pretty things from around the web.
Almost daily, I pin beautiful ideas from around the web onto my Pinterest Boards. In this monthly “Show and Tell” post, I’m going to select a few of my favorite pins from the month and show them off here. If you’re not following me on Pinterest, please join the fun!
I also love posting images to Instagram almost daily. I usually use Instagram to show little peeks into the projects I’m working on and fun products I want to share. In these monthly “Show and Tell” posts I’ll grab a few of my favorite Instagam pictures and highlight them here. Feel free to follow me directly on Instagram as well.
In addition to highlights from Pinterest and Instagram, these “Show and Tell” posts will be a fun place for me to share a few other tidbits such as my favorite on-line shops, maybe highlights from my current travels, and other fun and sweet things I think you’ll enjoy!
A few of my Pinterest favorites from June…
5. This Eraser Stamped Shirt from Cutesy Crafts looked so fun I ran out and bought the supplies the day I saw this! My girls and I had a great time making our own shirts! It was a fun, super easy craft that would work great for most any holiday or occasion!
6. This 4th of July Snack Mix (by me!) is one of our favorite summer treats!
June Instagram highlights…
1. Last week I made favorite family recipe that calls for one full can of Hershey’s chocolate syrup! I’ll be sharing the full recipe soon!
2. I made a pretty set of cookies for my cousin’s (Sarah) 40th birthday. I used the same general techniques as these Hand-painted Valentine’s Cookies.
3. Another cake cookie, similar to my Cake Stand Cookies set.
4. This is currently my favorite summer set of cookies! I mixed and matched some left over icings and I just love the colors! I also had fun with the pool mat design, so simple, yet so cute! I made this set for one of my niece’s birthday.
5. I tried making homemade Milano cookies… it didn’t go so well. I’ll have to try that again another time.
6. I was sent some samples of a new Mac & Cheese line from Pirate’s Booty, everyone in our house loved it!
7. My gorgeous new Le Creuset French Oven… oh how I have dreamed of owning on of these pots for so long! This one is from their new Matte line. The color is Mineral Blue, although it’s more gray than blue in certain light. So beautiful, so durable… I look forward to cooking delicious food in this for years to come!
8. Summer BBQ food… my favorite!!
9. One of my favorite images, from my post on How to Frost Cupcakes.
The art of shopping…
This week a reader asked how my cupcake liners always look so colorful and clean… the “secret” is greaseproof cupcake liners! One of my favorite sources is Baker’s Stock. Greaseproof liners keep their color even after being filled with batter and baked!
People often ask where I find inspiration for the things I make? One source of inspiration for me is beautiful supplies! Sweet Estelle’s Baking Supply is a shop I often browse just because everything there is so colorful and happy!
Did you see something in this post that was new, helpful, or inspiring? Did you enjoy the post? Sometimes I wonder how many people actually READ my posts (versus just look at the photos and scan… yes, I’m talking to you!). Does this kind of post require too much reading to find all the good stuff? Please share some feedback, I love hearing from you!