Christmas Cookie Exchange Party

Christmas Cookie Exchange Party - So many pretty treats, recipes and ideas!!  -  glorioustreats.com

A Christmas Cookie Exchange Party is such a fun way to kick off the Christmas season!

Recently, my talented friend Bethany, of Auntie Bea’s Bakery hosted a fun (and delicious!) Christmas Cookie Exchange and I was one of the lucky party guests!  Bethany hosted the party, and she let me help out with some of the fun set-up.  The night before the party I packed up my trunk full of some of my favorite Christmas dishes and props and then Bethany and I spent the evening setting up this fun party!

The guests were each asked to bring a plate of their favorite (homemade) Christmas cookies, and then at the party the guest would get to pack up a few of each of the cookies brought and leave with a box of lots of different cookies!   It’s such a fun way to try new recipes and enjoy lots of different treats!

Over the next two weeks Bethany will be sharing the recipes for all of the yummy cookies that were at the party on her site, Auntie Bea’s Bakery.  Be sure to bookmark her site and keep up with all the sweetness!

Now let’s enjoy the party…

Christmas Cookie Exchange Party Table - glorioustreats.com

We used red fabric to create “curtains” as the backdrop for the table.  Bethany made a cute cookie cutter wreath (with cookie cutters from Karen’s Cookies).  White dinner plates were set out and then filled with the cookies party guests brought (more cookies were spread out in the kitchen).  Bethany made several extra little treats, including cake pops and a sweet little gingerbread garland was placed along the front of the table as decoration.

Christmas Gumball Trees (for a Christmas Dessert Table) - glorioustreats.com

I made these festive gumball trees by hot gluing gumballs (I purchased last year from Wal-Mart on clearance) onto Styrofoam cones (from Michael’s).  We added a simple cookie star (made by Bethany) to finish them off.

The pretty treats toward the front (pictured above) were one of the “cookies” brought by one of the party guests.  These were pumpkin spice truffles (cake balls).

Gorgeous Snowflake Cookies!! - glorioustreats.com

Perfectly gorgeous snowflake cookies, made by Bethany (Auntie Bea’s Bakery).

Cute Christmas Cake Pops (and a Christmas Dessert Table) - glorioustreats.com

Bethany also made these super cute cake pops!!  She made the cake pop base (see Bakerella.com if you’re not familiar with this process), and then pressed the cake/frosting mixture into a slab and used mini cookie cutters to create the shapes.

Hot Cocoa Cookies (for a Christmas Cookie Exchange Party) - glorioustreats.com

These cookies (above) were my part of the cookie exchange.  They are Hot Cocoa Cookies, and have quickly become my new favorite cookie!!

Beautiful Christmas Cake Pops! - glorioustreats.com

These Christmas Cake Pops (above) Bethany made were about the prettiest cake pops I’ve ever seen!

Cute Gingerbread Cookies (for a Christmas dessert table) - glorioustreats.com

Some more cookie perfection (above) from Bethany!  What’s a Christmas party without some gingerbread cookies?  =)

Kids Cookie Decorating Table - glorioustreats.com

The young party guests had fun decorating their own little gingerbread cookies.  Bethany prepared some cute little gingerbread house shaped cookies, and then had a table prepared with lots of sprinkles and candies to decorate with!  Here’s the Gingerbread House Cookie Cutter (from Karen’s Cookies) and my Gingerbread Cookie Recipe.

Hot Cocoa Bar (lots of cute ideas!) - glorioustreats.com

(Above)  In the kitchen, we set up a Hot Cocoa Bar!  Hot Chocolate, marshmallows, caramels, peppermint sticks and some pretty treats!  We used the kid-sized gingerbread man mugs I purchased (from Crate and Barrel) last year for my Gingerbread House Decorating Party.

A framed printable (from Swish Printables, available on her site free!) finished off the Hot Cocoa Bar perfectly!

Pretty Christmas treats (for a Hot Cocoa Bar) - glorioustreats.com

(Above)  Treats on the Hot Cocoa table include Maple Fudge (brought by one of the guests), Gingerbread Marshmallow S’mores (from Kimberley’s Kitchen), and Chocolate Truffles (brought by one of the guests).

Hot Cocoa Toppings (for a Hot Cocoa Bar) - glorioustreats.com

Kids at Christmas Party - glorioustreats.com

This Christmas Cookie Exchange Party was such a fun day for the little girls and the moms!  We all enjoyed more than our fair share of sweets and had a great day with friends!

Party details -

Party Host, concept, set-up and many of the delicious treats – Auntie Bea’s Bakery

Photography, set-up help, props and Hot Cocoa Cookies – Glorious Treats (me)

Printables – Swish Printables

22 Responses to “Christmas Cookie Exchange Party”

Sherrill — December 2, 2013 at 1:40 am

Looks quite festive! Such yummy treats! I’ll bet everyone had a great time!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust — December 2, 2013 at 1:59 am

This is such a gorgeous set up! I LOVE those gum ball trees.

Macy — December 2, 2013 at 3:26 am

This is way too cute! I can’t believe how great everything looks! :)

Jessica Gonzalez — December 2, 2013 at 5:21 am

When will you be posting the hot cocoa cookie recipe? They would be perfect for my daughter’s school Christmas program cookie reception on Thursday evening, :)

Jessica @ Jessiker Bakes — December 2, 2013 at 5:36 pm

This party looks so cute and fabulous! I love those festive chocolate thumbprint cookies!

Paula — December 2, 2013 at 6:54 pm

The little guests are adorable! The set up is so pretty and festive and the cookies and cake pops are simply perfect. What a delightful cookie exchange party this must have been.

Linda — December 2, 2013 at 10:29 pm

This is so sweet. I love cookie exchanges at Christmas. Everybody always brings their best. Have a wonderful baking season. I’d love it if you linked this delightful party to What’d You Do This Weekend.

Wishes for tasty dishes,
    Linda @ Tumbleweed Contessa

Kristin Hernandez — December 2, 2013 at 11:04 pm

This is SO cute! I’m having my cookie exchange party this Saturday and I’m thinking I’ll have to make those cute gumball trees. Thank you for all your amazing party ideas! I can’t wait for your book to come out and to meet you!

Elizabeth Pedersen — December 3, 2013 at 7:20 am

Adorable! Where did you get the cute spoons for your cocoa station? Can’t wait for the hot cocoa cookie recipe. I have a cookie exchange coming up. I know the cookies will be great but probably not as gorgeous as this setup you’re sharing.

Sarah (songbird sweets) — December 3, 2013 at 4:11 pm

What a fun party! And I can’t wait for your hot cocoa cookie recipe! They look delicious!

Angie | Big Bear's Wife — December 4, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I love it all!! I really, really love the gumball trees!!

Maria — December 4, 2013 at 2:31 pm

You are amazing!! Such a fun and festive party! Can you come help me do one for Caleb? :)

• Glory replied: — December 4th, 2013 @ 10:48 pm

Thanks Maria! I would LOVE to help do a party for Caleb! (When is his birthday?) Maybe on-line support will have to suffice. I do have a very exclusive 24 hour call line for emergency party advice =)

flor — December 4, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Love it!! The gumball trees look amazing!
    May I ask you where you bought the candy dessert stand. Thank You!

• Glory replied: — December 4th, 2013 @ 10:50 pm

Hi Flor,
      I’m not sure which stand you mean… the one the gum balls trees are on? Or maybe the one on the hot cocoa bar? The white cake stand the gum ball trees are on belongs to Bethany and I believe she got it from TJ Maxx. The three tired painted stand that was on the hot cocoa bar I purchased at Cracker Barrel two years ago.

Shaina — December 5, 2013 at 9:03 pm

That table is adorable. I love the little stations, and the gumball and gumdrop trees are perfection!

Donna — December 11, 2013 at 12:13 am

Everything was amazing Glory and Bethany! I’m so honored to have contributed a small part of it!

1. Pingback: Hot Cocoa Cookies » Glorious Treats