Home from Cookie Con…

I am just home from an amazing weekend in Salt Lake City.  I had grand plans of hoping right back into my regular post schedule, but it turns out having fun all weekend is pretty exhausting!  I’ll have several new posts for you soon, but for today I’ll give you a very mini overview…

Karen and Mike Summers of Karen’s Cookies planned, organized and sponsored an event unlike any other!  Cookie Con was the first, large scale Cookie Decorating Convention and Show (that I know of), and was a huge success!

I had the honor of being one of 8 presenters for the weekend, and was amazed and humbled to share the stage with the other presenters (Callye, Lisa, AliMaryann, Liz, Pam and Julia), and meet women from around the world who are “fans” of my work… and whose work I am a huge fan of too!

I’ll share lots more photos and details from the event soon.  For now, more details can be found at CookieCon.net and on the Cookie Con Facebook page.

(The cookies in the image above are by Julia Usher)

18 Responses to “Home from Cookie Con…”

ko — November 5, 2012 at 6:35 pm

How fun! I’m looking forward to reading more about the trip! I’m sure it was inspiration central!

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more — November 5, 2012 at 7:05 pm

oh my gosh that sounds amazing!!!

Cecilia — November 5, 2012 at 10:14 pm

I’m so glad you’re back home safely and that you had a grand time! Whenever everything settles for your at home maybe we can have a chat! Love you!

Lizy b — November 5, 2012 at 10:47 pm

It was a great weekend! I love that now when I read your posts….I hear your voice when I do!! Thanks for your great presentation, loved having an opportunity to learn from so many great ladies!

TriciaZ — November 6, 2012 at 4:59 am

It was so nice to see you again, Glory. Your presentations were so interesting and informative….and I LOVE your sense of humor. You’re a wonderful gal and I hope we meet again!!!

Trinette — November 6, 2012 at 5:01 am

What a fabulous weekend! Rough start but we made it! Hope to see you soon!

Brantcookies — November 6, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Ok I’m googling right now how far away Salt Lake City is from Canada, sounds like an amzing weekend. The scenery looks beautiful and I’m sure the cookie con was exceptional!

CookieCraziePam — November 6, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Thanks for being a part of making the weekend a smashing success, Glory. I am honored that I got to be in a lineup with you and enjoy your sweet company on many occasions. May we have many more. ♥♥♥

JulieD — November 6, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Can’t wait to hear more and see more pictures!!! :D

Nancy Paine — November 6, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Glory, it was such a thrill for me to have you select my 3-D snowflake cookie for your “Presenter’s Choice”! Thanks again for making this retreat so memorable!

Channing Hussey — November 6, 2012 at 10:29 pm

CookieCon was amazing. It was so amazing to meet so many cookie lovers just like me! Thanks for sharing all your knowledge with us!

Paula — November 7, 2012 at 3:47 am

Everything I have been reading about CookieCon has just been wonderful and I’m so very happy for Karen and Mike and for all of you presenters and attendees. I can imagine just how huge this undertaking was to co-ordinate and I commend all of you for making the very first of what I hope to be many CookieCons such an enjoyable success.

Hopefully, one day I will be able to attend :)

Amy Clough — November 7, 2012 at 5:57 pm

It was so wonderful to meet you!! Thank you for taking the time to work with me with fondant on cookies- I can’t wait to try it out more! You were a fantastic presenter, and I appreciate your simple tips on photographing our cookies. It doesn’t seem *as* scary now :)

Rachel Fleischman — November 7, 2012 at 6:12 pm

It was SOOOO great to meet you – LOVED both of your presentations, but especially the photography one. I can’t wait to put some of your techniques to work in improving my cookie photos. As someone else just said, now when I read your blog, I hear your voice, and I love that! Thanks for sharing your experience and inspiration – it means a lot!

Bonnie Vasko — November 8, 2012 at 1:25 pm

I’ve never heard of it – sounds amazing!

Stephanie aka Cookie Therapy — November 12, 2012 at 11:58 pm

It was so great getting to meet you at CookieCon. I loved your presentations and even used fondant on my mystery shape! You have inspired me! I really loved the photo presentation also. I’ve been taking photos for years but my cookies always come out looking horrible! But with your tips I won’t be so intimidated!!! Your FB page and Blog are wonderful. AND I especially enjoyed all the info you had on the business end of things you had in Q & A ! Thanks!!

Caren — March 24, 2013 at 2:38 am

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an really long comment
    but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear. Grrrr… well I’m not writing
    all that over again. Regardless, just wanted to say superb blog!

1. Pingback: CookieCon Wrap Up | - The Baked Equation - Homemade Cookies