7 Random Things
One of my blogging friends, Tracey Lau
, recently tagged me in a little game called “7 Random Things”. I don’t normally post “random” things on this blog, but I thought I could make an exception just this once. I mean, how can I say no to a person who is so incredibly talented that she can…
take photos like this…
make desserts like these…
and set up a dessert table like this…
So here are 7 random things about me…
1. I married my high school sweetheart, and 13 years later am still very glad I did!
2. I’m 5’11″ tall, and have been since I was 13… yes, the phrase “jolly green giant” was tossed my way a time or two.
3. I was homeschooled until 8th grade… and I think I turned out pretty o.k. =)
4. I am currently training for a marathon (my first, and most likely only!). Last week I ran 10 miles (at once!) for the first time. When I started training in January, I couldn’t run 1/2 mile. I don’t look like a “runner”, but that may have something to do with my other hobby… baking cupcakes!
5. I made my own wedding dress… hey, these are supposed to be “random” so that’s what I’m doing!
6. My favorite indulgences (to buy)… Starbucks, ribbon, cake stands, glassybaby
7. I won first place (and $50.00!) at the county fair when I was 12 for a homemade Lemon Meringue Pie. And again the next year for a Chocolate cake.
That’s it! Seven random things. If you enjoyed them, you can thank Tracey
. If not, well I promise I’ll get back to sweets, crafts, recipes and parties next week.
Either way, do yourself a favor and head over to Tracey’s blog, Tracey Lau- Art & Soul
, it’s full of all things sweet and beautiful.
Have a great weekend!
* All photos in this post by Tracey Lau
, and are being used with permission *